Lately I’ve been savoring the
little things BIG things. It’s the time of the year to think about what you’re thankful for and what you’ve accomplished in the past 11-12 months. I’ve been thinking about it lately and decided that I’d be silly to think that life is anything but good.
Life is good.
I am super happy about some things happening in my life and the lives of friends & family. It’s easy (especially in the city) to feel compartmentalized and sectioned off from the rest of the world. But everyone is working towards something awesome, it seems. I’m happy to be around people that are driven, know where they want to go, and are figuring out a way to get there. (Again, this goes back to the video I posted last week—I still can’t get over it.)
Short and sweet…I’m thankful for:
- my sister, Lindsey. My day wouldn’t be the same without our Gchat convos. PLUS she just got hired by a landscape architect in D.C. and she’ll finally have a job doing exactly what she wants to be doing! I’m so excited for her–for real.
- a workplace with a lax dress code. Because dress pants on a rainy day just don’t work out as well as jeans and boots do.
- my sweater drawer. I will be thankful for this drawer for approximately the next 5 months.
- the fact that I survived Bikram yoga last week!!! I’m obsessing over this new workout and love the way I feel after sweating for 90 minutes in a room with a ton of other sweaty people trying to contort their bodies into odd shapes. There really is nothing like it.
- my puppy. She may be a rascal sometimes (admittedly, she’s not really a puppy anymore), but she always goes crazy when I come home after work.
- an active family. I’m running the Drumstick Dash in Indy this weekend with my mom and brother. How awesome is that?
- hot apple cider. ’nuff said (even better when it transforms into a hot toddy)
- the ability to feed myself good food. I look forward to cooking good dinners every weekday. Good food, good beer, and good company is all I need.
The little things have become the big things.