I’m running a race just for fun this weekend. I won’t be racing it. For real, I will not be racing. I promise.
Well…ok, I might race it. The verdict is still out on this one.
Reasons to race it:
- ‘cuz I want to.
- ‘cuz I know that I’ll go out fast at the start line like an all-star.
- ‘cuz it’s in my blood.
- ‘cuz…how could I not?
- ‘cuz the weather is going to be wonderful.
- ‘cuz there’s CHOCOLATE at the finish line. DUH.
Reasons not to race it:
- ‘cuz I’ve raced enough this year (10+ races is a lot in my book)
- ‘cuz I just wanna have fun. (but I’d probably have more fun if I raced it…right?)
- ‘cuz I’m running it with my mom and sista.
- ‘cuz they won’t run out of chocolate. (although, this might be questionable).
- ‘cuz I want to give my body more rest and allow this minor calf issue to disappear.
Yup, that just about covers it. So I’m on the fence, but I’ve devised a plan to keep me from running this race all out, which would mean a pace somewhere in the range of 7:30-7:40 for the 15k.
I will leave Mr. Garmin a home. In my nice warm apartment.
Yup, you read that right. Tonight, I will not worry about charging that buddy o’ mine. I will make sure my iPod shuffle is ready to go with some nice fall running tunes and get ready to run for FUN …and for CHOCOLATE.
How ’bout you? Have you ever successfully run a race just for fun and not worried about what your race pace should be? Tips/suggestions?
Side note: I’m going against my better judgment and participating in a RAM Racing race this weekend. Read an open letter to @RAMRacing here and learn why some other Chicago runners are frustrated.
One thought on “Running a Race Just for Fun”
That’s the spirit, Jenny! Have a great run tomorrow! The weather looks perfect.